Hungerford Town Plan Refresh 2013
Over the past couple of years a team of volunteers has worked to prepare a refresh of the previous 2010+ plan. A draft of the refresh is now available for public comment. Find out more here. In partucular, please note that a public meeting to provide a pre-launch presentation will be held at 7.30pm on Thurs 9 May at the Corn Exchange.
The Hungerford 2010+ Town Plan – a vision for Hungerford to the year 2010 and beyond.
The Hungerford 2010+ Town Plan project grew out of public meetings beginning in May 2004 and was intended to produce a much needed update to the previous 1978 town plan. This earlier plan had been largely successful and the majority of its proposals adopted. In the light of rumoured plans for housing expansion in the south east of England, concern was rising within Hungerford that change would be imposed from outside because there was no plan in place outlining the views of local people. Many small towns in the south east had already changed beyond recognition.
Whilst accepting that some change is inevitable, the 2010+ project seeks to ensure that change in Hungerford is properly managed, preserving all that is good about the town whilst serving the future needs of all local people and businesses.
Key features of the Hungerford Town Plan
- Produced by Hungerford people for Hungerford people
- Most comprehensive study of Hungerford ever conducted
- Extensive public consultation
- Validated by a survey of all households in June 2005
- Survey generated a 36% response rate (over 1,000 households)
- Plan launched in January 2006
- Adopted by Hungerford Town Council and West Berkshire Council
- Cited as an example of Best Practice by West Berkshire Council
- 5 year refresh planned during 2010
Final Plan full document (in sections)
Each section is a 'pdf' file which can be downloaded (right click and select 'Save target as') or normal click to display directly. The file size for each section is shown to enable you to judge how long it might take to download.